Dan and Liz Thompson reported September 24 from somewhere on furlough:
In a couple days we begin our 5,000 mile journey to Ft. Lauderdale, FL. According to google maps this means 77 hours of quality family time in the car, at least we hope it will be quality time. As we travel, our stops take us to three supporting churches along the way where we are asking the Lord to renew contacts and raise up prayer warriors for the ministry in Chile. We also are looking forward to spending time with friends, individual supporters, and family before heading back to Chile on October 28th. We covet your prayers for safety as we travel, renewal of friendships, and special times with family.
We are thankful for the team God gathered to run the September youth retreat in our absence. God, in his goodness, prepared the service team, counselors, and speakers to serve and challenge over 100 young people. We trust Him for eternal fruit! Continue to pray for these lives and hearts impacted by the preaching of God’s Word to respond in obedience to what they heard during the retreat.
- Please pray for safety as we travel many miles back to Florida.
- Please pray for Cheo and Andrea serving faithfully at camp in our absence.
- Please pray for the approval of permits for the Chapel project.
- Praise! Give thanks with us for a profitable and blessed time in the Pacific Northwest.
- Praise! Rejoice with us for the many young people who came to the September retreat. May there be lasting fruit for God’s glory!
- Praise! We are thankful for God’s leading and recommissioning to another term of service in Chile. Thank you for being part of our team!