Proverbs 19:21 “There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel – that will stand.” (NKJV)
Dan and Liz Thompson just sent in their June update. Here it is:
“Finally, brethren, pray for us. 2 Thessalonians 3:1
We are excited to announce our decision and calling to go serve the Lord in Paysandu, Uruguay starting, Lord willing, March 2021. This has not been a hasty decision and many things had to fall into place. It has been incredible for us to see the Lord’s hand at work orchestrating all the details.
Here are a few highlights:
- God has provided a team to serve at the Lican Ray Bible Camp. Cheo and Andrea Onate (Hospitality and Maintenance), Freddy and Edita Gonzalez (Camp Director), and Javier Candia (Treasurer and Secretary) look forward to ministering together in the coming years. We thought another term of service would be necessary to accomplish this, but God brought many circumstances together for this to happen quickly.
- God has worked in our hearts and given us a burden for the Paysandu Camp ministry. Our GMSA co-workers in Uruguay expressed their desire to see a team take on the challenge of helping at the camp. There are many needs at the camp and we are depending on the Lord to see how we can meet those needs whether they be financial, physical, organizational, and/or spiritual. We feel the Lord has equipped us for this task!
- God has worked in the hearts of our children who at first weren’t enthralled about leaving home for something foreign to them. As we prayed for the camp together, a desire to help has grown in them and now not a day goes by where Uruguay is not mentioned. What a confirmation and a peace this brought to our hearts and a huge answer to our prayers!
We need your prayers! Many details still need to fall into place.
- Freddy and Edita plan to come in August to live fulltime on camp and train for the ministry. They have a few commitments to finish up with before this can happen. Pray!
- We would like to finish the chapel and the Horeb cabin rebuild. We are still finding the necessary building materials available for which we are thankful. We are trusting the Lord for his continued provision for the remaining funds needed for these projects. Pray! For more information and pictures of the construction visit our Facebook page or follow on the Camp’s Facebook.
- We would like to take a survey trip to Uruguay in September or October of this year to visit churches and meet the believers we hope to serve in the future through the camp ministry. We are not sure if this will be possible with the travel restrictions in place because of the virus. Pray!
- We covet your prayers for the Paysandu Camp. Lack of camp activities and outside support from churches has stretched their finances to the limit. We need to find concrete ways to help until summer camps (January and February) bring in some income. God is able, so please pray!
- We need the peace that only comes from the Lord, not our circumstances. We depend on his strength to work and his wisdom to make decisions that affect our family and ministry. Pray!
- Continue to pray for the Lican Ray Bible Church. We have seen how God continues to teach and edify his people even though we are still not able to meet physically.
- Liz is still homeschooling Matthias, Morgan, and Madeline. Please pray that they would be diligent to finish their semester as unto the Lord.
- Pray for Micah. He has been enjoying his first college online course. In just over a month we will be taking him back to the States for school. Pray for us as we make that transition as a family.
- We praise the Lord for the enthusiasm of the believers in Lican to continue to learn from God’s Word and encourage each other to grow spiritually. Thank you for praying!
- We praise the Lord for recent donations to Micah’s College fund and monies from one of our supporting churches to cover the cost of his books!
- We praise the Lord that He continues to mold us into the image of his Son, Jesus. May we be found faithful!
During these uncertain times, we are thankful for our sure position in Christ. He is gracious to us by providing for our every need. We thank him for our financial and prayer supporters, for you! Thank you for giving sacrificially to the Lord’s work here in Chile and to our family. We pray for you!
Danny and Liz,
Micah, Matthias, Morgan, and Madeline