For their September update, Dan and Liz Thompson and family are awaiting…
- the arrival of Freddy and Edita on camp. They should arrive tomorrow. After months of delays due to COVID, they are finally in a position to move to camp and start their training. Please pray we can be an encouragement to them as they adjust to life and work on camp.
- the summer months of ministry: Only the Lord knows at this point whether we will be able to host and minister to people through camp ministry this summer. Our confidence is in God who chooses to work according to his good pleasure so until He says a definite “NO”, we will plan, prepare, and pray for summer camp ministry.
- our transition to ministry in Uruguay: we are looking into the cost of moving our belongings to a different country while also staying abreast of the government’s decisions on reopening travel between countries. We have had to postpone our survey trip for the time being as Chile has extended their state of emergency.
- the windows for the camp chapel: Work has stopped on the camp chapel while waiting for the windows we ordered back in May to arrive. Again, because of COVID, supplies for making the windows were hard to find and then our window guy got tendinitis. Please pray for the windows to arrive. The doors also are on their way and soon we should be able to get the chapel closed in to finish the drywall and many other details in time for summer.
- the start of a new ladies’ Bible Study: next week on Wednesday the ladies of our Lican church will meet weekly to study together the book of Philippians. Pray for Liz as she prepares and leads the study.
Meanwhile, Micah is taking mid-terms at Appalachian Bible College and is doing well. Thank you to those who have sent him cards, care packages, and financial gifts to his college fund. He is learning some wonderful lessons in how God is providing for his every need.
Your partnership in the work of the Lord here in Chile means so much to us! We know that 2020 has been a difficult year for many of you. We do pray that in the Lord’s strength we can all finish this year focused on God’s faithfulness and care for each of us. He knows our every need so we can boldly present ourselves to Him and receive of His good hand. Thank you for your prayers for our family and ministry. your missionaries and His servants,
Danny and Liz,
Micah, Matthias, Morgan, and Madeline.