Emily Freeland is in her deputation assignment with Gospel Mission of South America. She writes about Camp Logos in Ohio:
“In late July, an unexpected phone call from a pastor looking for camp counselors turned into cross-border road trip. Camp Logos – from the Greek for “the Word” used in John 1:1 – is a ministry of several independent Bible churches in central Ohio. As a last minute addition to the staff, I had the privilege of leading a cabin of seven eleven-year-old girls for an entire week.
Away from daily distractions (and cell service!) in beautiful Tar Hollow State Park, we shared God’s Word with the campers through cabin devotions, chapel messages and missions-focused workshops.
At the end of the week, the campers learned about missionary families around the world (including some of my GMSA co-workers in Chile and Argentina) and spent time in prayer for their ministries.
While in Ohio, I also had the opportunity to share a testimony with the members of Athens Bible Church. As I went back through old pictures, pulling together a presentation, I was encouraged by reminders of God’s faithfulness throughout the past two years, from my first two-week visit to Chile in March 2016 to six months in the northern desert last year. Public speaking can be awkward sometimes, but I love talking about how God is at work!”
Emily was also able to spend a week of mornings at the Vacation Bible School of Faith Baptist Church. She has some prayer items as well:
- The official beginning to deputation and pre-field ministry
- Encouraging weeks at Camp Logos in Ohio and VBS at Faith Baptist
- God’s strength and guidance throughout the busy summer season
- Fall ministry, including the weekly Awana program beginning in September
- Wisdom in balancing work, ministry and school responsibilities
- Continued opportunities to share what God is doing in Chile