The month of September brought many different groups to camp:
- At the beginning of the month, we hosted the annual Family Conference for churches of our fellowship here in Uruguay. We enjoyed wonderful food, spiritual and physical. Missionary Tim Goossen drove over from Argentina and brought the messages from God’s Word and Missionary Mariano Proto spoke to the youth. The weather was perfect for fellowship on the camp property.
- Every week, from Thursday to Friday, a private school brings its students to camp. Danny and Johnny are given the opportunity to share the Gospel with the children, teachers, cooks, and parents. We are praying for fruit from these opportunities.
- We are thankful for volunteers who are continuing to work on the camp kitchen remodel. Pablo and Johnny have been stuccoing the kitchen walls and we are almost ready to lay floor and wall ceramic tile. Please pray for God to provide the needed funds to finish this project in time for summer camp use.
Liz has been meeting with the young ladies from the Paysandu church every other month. This group is eager to learn from God’s Word and it is a joy to teach them. We have based this small group on the passage from Psalm 1:1-3 which says:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
What’s Ahead? Summer Camps
Our theme for this summer’s camps is “Crossroads” based on the verse in Joshua 24:15. Between now and January, we will be putting together the details of the camp program, getting facilities ready to receive campers, and training staff for summer ministry.
- Please pray for wisdom in choosing staff for this summer. We are new to the field of Uruguay and are still getting to know people.
- Pray also for those who are to participate in camps this summer. May God begin a work in their hearts now to prepare them to receive His Word this summer.
- Pray also for the many details that go into planning a God-honoring program. This would include the music, games, special nights, and menu for the week.
Pray for the girls as they continue their studies at home. Morgan is a Junior and Maddie is in seventh grade.
Pray for Danny as he manages work on camp and pastoring the Paysandú church. We are thankful for the godly men in the church who help shoulder the load.
Pray for Micah and Matthias at school—that they would know God and serve Him with their whole heart.
Pray for Liz as she starts a new Bible study with the ladies during the Sunday school hour.
Pray for the many visitors that have come recently to our services. May we encourage them to take the next step in their walk with the Lord.
Pray for the preparations for summer camp- that God would bring the speakers, staff, and program together.
“Why pray? Because prayer is one of God’s ordained ways to accomplish his will in us and through us.” ― Warren W. Wiersbe
We thank you for joining us in prayer for the requests mentioned in this newsletter. Your prayers accomplish so much because God is at work. He will have His way in us and through us.
Dan & Liz
Micah, Matthias, Morgan, Madeline Thompson