“I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all that you have done;
I ponder the work of your hands.”
God has been at work in Paysandu, Uruguay.
We want to take this issue to praise Him for all that He has done.
- On May 14th, youth from the fellowship of churches gathered on camp for a day of fun, food, and fellowship around the Word of God. We thank God for his working out the details, bringing in the needed staff, and for allowing more youth than we expected to participate in this activity. “IMPACTO” was a huge success! Please pray for the next one coming up on July 23rd.
- As a family, we took some weeks in May to finally move into our house on camp. Unboxing, sorting, and putting away items that we hadn’t seen in over a year was a testament to God’s faithful work on our behalf. “Home” is essential on the mission field. God allowed us to make ourselves at home and enjoy our familiar belongings once again.
- This past month at church we remembered and thanked God for our mothers. We held a special service and gathered for food and fellowship afterward. Many visitors came and heard the Gospel. We meditate on God’s great works in us also. Danny has been teaching through a series on “Knowing God”. We thank the Lord for the teaching opportunities and the personal growth that comes with studying His Word. Liz also continues her studies with the young ladies in the church. It is a joy to see them take steps of obedience and witness God’s grace evident in their lives.
- Matthias is leaving for Bible College in the United States soon. We ponder the works of the Lord in his heart and life also. He looks forward to this new stage in His life. Pray with us that He would “remember his Creator in the days of his youth” as Ecclesiastes teaches.
The first three photos above are from our Teen “Impacto” day. The bottom right photo captures the group at the Carmelo ladies’ outreach meeting.
Micah and Courtney finished their sophomore year of Bible College at ABC. We thank the Lord for providing for their school bills, enabling them to complete their studies with excellence, and work over the summer. We ask that you continue to uphold them in your prayers as they grow in their love for God.
- This month, our church is starting Sunday School back up. Danny will teach the men’s class and Liz the ladies’ class. Pray that we would be faithful stewards of God’s Word and that hearts would be receptive to the teaching.
- Please be in prayer for Matthias and Liz as they make plans to travel on August 8th to the United States. There are many details still unknown at this stage.
- We started the demolition of the camp kitchen bedrooms and bathrooms. Please be in prayer for this remodel project. We have some funds and are trusting the Lord for the rest. More on that in the June issue!
- Micah is working as an adventure guide this summer at Alpine Bible Camp. He has the privilege of sharing the Gospel with many people over the course of the summer. He asks for prayer for health and strength to serve with joy.
Remembering God in the good times and the more challenging ones, helps us plant our feet on firm ground. Our God does not change and is not fickle in his dealings with us. What a great God we serve! We can trust Him. May God continue to bless you as you remember, meditate, and ponder daily what great works He has done for you.
Dan & Liz
Micah, Matthias, Morgan, & Madeline Thompson