After much prayer and discussion, the ministry team made the hard decision of canceling summer camp activities. Although it is not what we would have desired, we recognize the Lord’s leading and are trusting Him to work all out for His glory. We will take advantage of the “extra months” to continue working on the cabin and chapel projects.
Camp will continue its ministry to pastors and their families during the summer, offering a couple furnished cabins as a retreat after a trying 2020.
Uruguay is still closed to tourists. We have purchased tickets back to the U.S for a mini furlough/support-raising visit. We plan on being stateside from beginning of March to the end of April. We would then make the move to our new field of service, Uruguay.
As the year comes quickly to a close, we can easily count the few times we have met as a Lican Church body due to COVID restrictions. We have begun meeting again, but are unsure for how long before the case numbers rise and they lock down again. We do not live in uncertainty as to what we ought do, we obey and we assemble while we can. These times of fellowship are sweet and enriching. We only have a few months left with our Lican Church family, so we are making the most of it.
On Wednesday Liz finished up the ladies Bible study she was teaching. Most of the meetings were online, but they were able to finish up mostly in person. Several ladies gave testimony as to the encouragement the study had been. We pray they will keep growing and obeying His Word.
Please pray for:
- The completion of Horeb cabin and camp chapel (pictures of the progress are on Facebook)
- Last couple months investing and serving in the Lican-Ray Church.
- Travel plans, paperwork to get in order before leaving (Madeline’s passport has expired), packing up our things for short term storage.
- Continued training of Freddy and Editha.
- Furlough plans and the need for new churches and individuals to partner with us in ministry. If you would like a visit please contact us!
Thank you for your part in the ministry here in Chile. May we all be found faithful!
Your missionaries and His servants,
Danny and Liz,
Micah, Matthias, Morgan, and Madeline.