Dan and Liz Thompson report from Fort Lauderdale, FL:
It’s hard to believe that our seven-month furlough is coming to a close in just a few short days. We left Washington State at the end of September for our month-long trip and made it last night to the mission headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
There is just not enough room in this newsletter to share with you all the wonderful stops along the way. We reconnected with three supporting churches, some individual supporters, friends, and family. God was faithful in providing for our every need along the way and we actually enjoyed our treck across the southern United States with the kids. Thank you for your prayers and especially for your warm welcome and encouragement along the way.
We were recently encouraged to hear about how God is working to provide for the building of a new camp cabin at the Lican camp. These little cardboard cabins will be used to collect change from the boys and girls in Sunday school classes in the UK. We are thankful for how God burdens hearts for his work in Chile.
- Please pray for safety as we travel October 28th back to Chile. The country is experiencing some instability at this time. We would appreciate your prayers for safety and for the Gospel to go out clearly during this time of unrest.
- Please pray as we prepare camp for an upcoming pastor’s conference starting November 5th.
- Please pray for the adjustment to life and ministry in Chile.
- Praise! For a wonderful furlough and God’s hand of protection in the many miles traveled.
- Praise! We return with full suitcases. We thank the Lord for the generosity of his people which enables us to return with some needed items for camp and some personal items as well.
- Praise! We are thankful for God’s leading and recommissioning to another term of service in Chile. Thank you for being part of our team!